DXARTS professor Edward Shanken will speak at the Systems Biology + Systems Art symposium hosted by the Insitute for Systems Biology on April 28 in Seattle. His talk is entitled, "The History and Future of the Lab: Collaborative Research at the Intersections of Art, Science, and Technology." The symposium honors visiting Chinese artist, Xiao Dong Feng.
- Opening Remarks from Lee Hood, MD, Ph.D. and President of Institute for Systems Biology
- Xiao Dong Feng, distinguished artist and guest from China
- Allison Kudla, Ph.D. (DXARTS, 2011) and Communications Designer, Institute for Systems Biology. “Biological Systems Art”
- Edward Shanken, Ph.D. and Visiting Associate Professor at UW, DXARTS. “The History and Future of the Lab: Collaborative Research at the Intersections of Art, Science, and Technology"
- Moira Scott Payne, Provost and VP for Academic Affairs, Cornish College of the Arts. "Chaos, Strings and Material Things"